- Art Lovers
- About Us
"COPYING THE MASTERS"
Winner for January 2015
For more information about James Pratt, click here or on photo.
"COPYING THE MASTERS"
This contest is based on the newly published book, Oil Painting with the Masters by Cindy Salaski
Click the image to purchase the book!
The Old Masters are revered for their passion and proficiency with oil paints. That same artistry is alive and thriving today in the studios of such renowned artists as Kevin Macpherson, Camille Przewodek and Richard McKinley. This book offers you the opportunity to meet twenty of these modern-day masters, follow along with ten of them as they create impressive paintings from start to finish, and learn essential oil techniques for rendering still lifes, portraits and landscapes.
Demo Challenge #1
"Build Value in a Landscape Painting with an Impressionist Approach" by Phil Starke
The first demo challenge for our "Copying the Masters" contest is now underway. There is no entry fee to be involved.
Each demo challenge winner will be featured on artmatch4U, and their webpage will remain on our site. Winner's webpages will feature a photo of the winner, an image of their winning painting demo entry, two additional paintings completed by the winner and a brief bio.
Rules & Conditions
1. Anyone who is a member of artmatch4U may enter this contest. Membership is FREE. To become a member, click here. You may also click on the "Member Log-In" box at the top left-hand side of this page.
2. After painting along with the demo in the book, "Oil Painting with the Masters" - Chapter 9: "Build Value in a Landscape Painting with an Impressionist Approach" by Phil Starke, email us a digital image of your finished painting to email@example.com
3. The image you submit to us must be a sharp, properly-lit, high-quality jpg image between 1 to 3 MB. Any images that are too small or too large will not be accepted and will result in automatic disqualification. Please use the image of Phil Starke's finished painting pictured above as your guide.
4. Submission of your work to artmatch4U will be taken as permission to publish it on our website as well as on F+W Media/North Light Books social channels.
5. The winner of this competition will be featured in our January 2015 monthly newsletter with a link to their artmatch4U webpage. The winner must follow the same image guidelines mentioned in Rule #3 when submitting all of their images to us for their artmatch4U webpage. Failure to do so will result in elimination from the contest.
6. All entries received will be viewed and judged by the staff of artmatch4U.
7. The deadline for Demo Challenge #1 is November 30, 2014.